KCHS requires that a uniform be worn to school. Students must be in uniform when classes begin at 8:15 a.m., throughout the day, and during school detention. The uniform should be neat and clean at all times with shirt tails tucked in. All uniforms must be size appropriate and worn with dignity and respect.
All students are required to wear straight leg dress uniform pants purchased from Blake’s Uniform Company or the Tommy Hilfiger Online Store using our school code. Pants may be tan/khaki, charcoal dark gray, black, or navy blue. Girls may wear skirts as specified below. Students may also wear Dockers brand pants) if they meet the requirements of the uniform.
Pants MUST ALWAYS BE WORN PROPERLY WITH A SOLID COLORED BELT .
Casual style pants such as those with a low rise, double-stitched seams, skinny ankles, patch pockets, and double knees are not acceptable for dress uniform.
The following must be worn every day:
- Freshman and Sophomores: baby blue, long sleeve, button-down dress shirt without a logo.
- Juniors and Seniors: yellow, long-sleeve button-down dress shirt without a logo.
- Seniors have the privilege to wear the class approved polo shirt every day during the month of September and from May 1st to graduation. Otherwise, a yellow, long-sleeve, button-down, dress shirt will be worn from October 1st – April 30th.
Shirts must be long enough to remain tucked in when arms are raised.
ONLY, solid-colored tee shirts may be worn under uniform shirts.
Boys are required to wear a tie with button-down shirts.
*Students may wear short sleeve, uniform, dress shirts in warm weather.
Girls may wear maroon, gray, black, or navy skirts purchased from Blake’s or Tommy Hilfiger. Rolled skirts are subject to detention. Sweatpants may not be worn under skirts. Tight-style garments in a solid black color may be worn under the skirt.
Skirts must be a modest length or no shorter than 4 inches above the middle of the knee. Rolled skirts are subject to detention.
Cold Weather Wear – Quarter Zip
- Any student may wear a Kolbe Cathedral ¼ zip with a KCHS logo. The ¼ zip is available in: black, black heather, charcoal, Kolbe blue, and graphite.
- The ¼ zip is the only outerwear allowed to be worn during the school day. All students must wear a uniform shirt underneath the ¼ zip and boys must wear their ties. The ¼ zip may be worn anytime outside of required dates.
Team jackets and warm-ups of any kind are not to be worn during the school day. Also, any sweaters that are not labeled “Kolbe Cathedral” are not to be worn during the school day
Students are required to wear all black, low heeled, leather dress shoes ONLY.
Students are not permitted to wear casual styles such as but not limited to any canvas shoe, sneakers, moccasins, backless slides, Crocs, Nikes, Jordans, and Converse…
During the winter months, students may wear boots outside and must change to shoes upon entering the building.
Socks and stockings must be worn and feet must be fully covered at all times. Leggings are not appropriate for school. Only matching socks are permitted. This rule is strictly enforced for girls wearing a skirt.
Outerwear and Headwear
Coats and hats are not to be worn during the school day. Scarves, head-wraps, do-rags and athletic style headbands are not permitted.
Jewelry should be appropriate for school. Any jewelry that is found to be inappropriate or not in accordance with school rules will be confiscated and returned to a parent only.
- Girls may wear: 2 small earrings close to the ear and no larger than a quarter
- Boys may wear: one stud earring only
Jewelry worn in pierced body parts other than ears is not permissible. Students must surrender these items and parents will attend a conference.
- Hairstyles are to be in accordance with KCHS standards. Hair must be neatly groomed whenever students represent Kolbe Cathedral including team and club members who participate in events during vacations. Students may not shave designs or slash marks in their scalp or eyebrows. Mohawk style haircuts are not allowed.
- The coloring of hair is permissible provided that the color is muted (no neon or bright colors are allowed). No more than one additional color can be worn at any given time.
The administration reserves the right to determine if the color is appropriate for the school setting or not. If a student’s choice of hair color is not school appropriate then they will be required to conceal that color in some manner
Boys may wear:
- Neatly trimmed facial hair.
- Neat braids that are not past the collar.
- Mohawk style haircuts are not permissible nor is hair coloring to accentuate a striped appearance.
Hair accessories or designs are not permitted.
- On specially designated days, students may be invited to wear a Kolbe Cathedral polo shirt with uniform pants and/or skirts. On some special days, students may also be invited to wear cargo pants or clean, neat jeans without rips, tears or shreds with sneakers or boots.
- Class of 2024 will wear navy polo shirts
- Class of 2025 will wear white polo shirts
- Class of 2026 will wear baby blue polo shirts
- Class of 2027 will wear yellow polo shirts
Blake’s School Uniform Company
60 Access Rd.
Stratford, CT 06615
School Uniforms by Tommy Hilfiger
Be a part of changing a deserving child’s life.
Stay Informed. Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Receive updates to News & Events