KCHS requires that a uniform be worn to school. Students must be in uniform when classes begin at 8:15 a.m., throughout the day, and during school detention. The uniform should be neat and clean at all times with shirt tails tucked in. All uniforms must be size appropriate and worn with dignity and respect.
All students are required to wear khaki, straight leg slacks, dress uniform pants purchased Blake’s Uniform Company or the Tommy Hilfiger Store. Students may only wear Khaki pants. Pants MUST ALWAYS BE WORN PROPERLY WITH A SOLID COLORED BELT.
Casual style pants such as those with a low rise, double-stitched seams, skinny ankles, patch pockets, and double knees are not acceptable for dress uniform.
The following must be worn every day:
- Freshman and Sophomores: baby blue, long sleeve, button-down dress shirt without a logo.
- Juniors and Seniors: yellow, long-sleeve button-down dress shirt without a logo.
- Seniors have the privilege to wear the class approved polo shirt every day during the month of September and from May 1st to graduation. Otherwise, a yellow, long-sleeve, button-down, dress shirt will be worn from October 1st – April 30th.
Shirts must be long enough to remain tucked in when arms are raised.
ONLY, solid-colored tee shirts may be worn under uniform shirts.
Boys are required to wear a tie with button-down shirts.
*Students may wear short sleeve, uniform, dress shirts in warm weather.
- Freshmen and sophomore girls will wear maroon uniform skirts purchased at Blake’s. Lower-grade students are not permitted to wear a navy or gray skirt.
- Junior and senior girls will have a choice to wear either navy or gray uniform skirts purchased at Blake’s. Upper-grade students are not be permitted to wear a maroon skirt.
Skirts must be a modest length or no shorter than 4 inches above the middle of the knee. Rolled skirts are subject to detention.
Freshmen and sophomores must wear a Kolbe Cathedral sweater in gray, navy or cranberry and it may either be a v-necked pullover or a cardigan. Sweaters will be worn by freshman and sophomore starting the first school day after the Thanksgiving break and ending after Spring Break as the winter uniform. Sweaters may be purchased at the uniform store or at the Kolbe Cathedral bookstore. All students must wear a uniform shirt underneath the sweater and boys must wear their ties.
Team jackets and warm-ups of any kind are not to be worn during the school day. Also, any sweaters that are not labeled “Kolbe Cathedral” are not to be worn during the school day.
Juniors and seniors must wear a classic, solid navy, gray or black, 2-3 button blazer/sport jacket with a Kolbe Cathedral emblem starting the first school day after the Thanksgiving break and ending after Spring Break as the winter uniform. The KC sweater is no longer an option for juniors and seniors. The privilege of wearing a blazer signifies the status of a young woman or young gentleman.
Students are required to wear all black, low heeled, leather dress shoes ONLY.
Students are not permitted to wear casual styles such as but not limited to any canvas shoe, sneakers, moccasins, backless slides, Crocs, Nikes, Jordans, and Converse…
During the winter months, students may wear boots outside and must change to shoes upon entering the building.
Socks and stockings must be worn and feet must be fully covered at all times. Leggings are not appropriate for school. Only matching socks of a solid color are permitted. This rule is strictly enforced for girls wearing a skirt.
Outerwear and Headwear
Coats and hats are not to be worn during the school day. Scarves, head-wraps, do-rags and athletic style headbands are not permitted.
Jewelry should be appropriate for school. Any jewelry that is found to be inappropriate or not in accordance with school rules will be confiscated and returned to a parent only.
- Girls may wear: 2 small earrings close to the ear and no larger than a quarter
- Boys may wear: one stud earring only
Jewelry worn in pierced body parts other than ears is not permissible. Students must surrender these items and parents will attend a conference.
Hairstyles are to be in accordance with appropriate professional businesses. Hair must be neatly groomed whenever students represent Kolbe Cathedral including team and club members who participate in events during vacations. Students may not shave designs or slash marks in their scalp or eyebrows. Mohawk style haircuts are not allowed.
Girls may wear:
- Hair colored but in natural colors ONLY. Pink, orange, and maroon are some examples of un-natural colors that are not allowed.
Boys may wear:
- Neatly trimmed facial hair.
- Neat braids that are not past the collar.
- Mohawk style haircuts are not permissible nor is hair coloring to accentuate a striped appearance.
Hair accessories or designs are not permitted and hair must not be worn past the collar.
- On specially designated days, students may be invited to wear a Kolbe Cathedral polo shirt with uniform pants and/or skirts. On some special days, students may also be invited to wear cargo pants or clean, neat jeans without rips, tears or shreds with sneakers or boots.
- Class of 2025 will wear white polo shirts
- Class of 2024 will wear navy polo shirts
- Class of 2023 will wear yellow polo shirts
- Class of 2022 will wear baby blue polo shirtsSweaters will be worn by freshman and sophomore starting the first school day after the Thanksgiving break and ending after Spring Break as the winter uniform.
Stay Informed. Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Receive updates to News & Events